Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Hughes News #41


"Tie your shoes and pray for the Hughes"

Dear Friends,                                                                                                  
 
In our last update, I mentioned a meeting with the president of the Baptist group that has helped us get our living permits.  The meeting was quite helpful as I learned more about the group.  Brother Ion also confirmed some of the information another missionary and I had learned about needy areas in Moldova.  It seems the Lord is narrowing it down for our future place of service.
 
We are happy to announce that our applications for two year residency permits were approved.  It is a blessing having that behind us!
 
We each had a chance to minister in our church recently.  Due to the lack of time between when she was asked and when she needed to speak, Viola spoke in English with a translator.  She challenged the ladies about the theme of the meeting: “Rejoicing with those who rejoice and weeping with those who weep.”  I had the opportunity to preach in Russian Sunday night.  I am still tied to my notes to the point I am basically reading my sermon, but I know these beginning steps are necessary.  (I also learned to not choose a passage in the Old Testament with lots of names- they are difficult in English and even more difficult in Russian!)
 
Soon Christmas will be here.  We plan to take a few days off from language lessons to rest and recharge.  We will be making some long-range plans and would appreciate your prayers as we seek the Lord’s guidance.

In His service,
Jacob and Viola Hughes

For Prayer:
1. Russian and Romanian study
2. Another family with whom to team up
3. Planning for the upcoming year

For Praise:
1. Recent opportunities for us to minister
2. Living permits for the next two years
3. An upcoming break from language study over the holidays

No comments:

Post a Comment