|"Tie your shoes and pray for the Hughes"|
In our last letter we mentioned having special plans around Christmas. A majority of our ESL students came to a Christmas-themed class. In addition to the lesson, David led a Bible study that clearly explained the identity and purpose of Jesus. Our candlelight carol sing was the next event. Several others joined us, including our team’s language teacher. It was the first time “I” and her son had been to a service. We enjoyed our Christmas Day service, but were a little disappointed that none of the invited acquaintances came that day.
|Candlelight Carol Sing|
|After a recent Sunday service|
On a personal note, Viola was thrilled with a fairly heavy snowfall in early January. It permitted a jaunt to a monument on the edge of town to snap some pictures of the city under snow. Jacob has been enjoying playing basketball with a team from Soroca.
Jacob and Viola Hughes
1. Tasks in preparation for furlough
2. Gross family and Sarah Bodaly as they minister in our absence
3. God to work in the hearts of people in Soroca
1. More visitors = more souls to encourage in the Lord
2. Deepening connections with kids at children’s home
3. “V” coming back to services